July 1, 2012

Country Livin'

Oh man, do I ever miss home! Last night my roommates and I all dipped in and purchased a HUGE watermelon! It was SO yummy!! That delicious bust or sweetness when you bite into the pink flesh = DEVINE!! But, I discovered that that flavor reminds me of home. That is the taste that brings back memories of sitting outside as a family eating watermelon, after "sacrificing ritual" (which consists of all the little kids running in circles arounf the watermelon and some lucky child getting to stab it at a timed moment) and throwing the rinds out to the horses or chickens. It brings back memories of freshcut grass, dogs barking, not a could in the sky, swimming in the Snake and family. I miss all of that so much! I miss living the country. Now I live in a tiny appartment, I walk outside and there is cement/asphalt everywhere, no trees, and I construction sight out my bedroom window. I miss walking outside and having the horses nicker at me, I miss having long lucious grass to run my fingers through, I miss being a mile away from a beautiful river! Water is something that I didn't really appreciate very much until I came to school and there isn't water like I am used to having. I can drive about 20 minutes and find some, but at home I could walk for 20 minutes and find some. I don't miss the gnats or the heat in the summer. But I miss everything else. I miss my horses especially. I miss riding them, handling them, kissing them, sitting on their backs watching the stars, and (as weird as it sounds) the smell of their sweat after a good hard ride. Ahh.. that country livin' is the only way of livin' for me!

                                                                   Home....

1 comment: