June 29, 2012

Music=My Love

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE my music! So as tribute to only a few of my favorite artists I am going to highlight them and tell you why they are my favorites! The descriptions will be brief for intrest of time. Enjoy :)

Angels and Airwaves: They have a funky style that I find refreshing. I also enjoy their (mostly) clean lyrics and Tom DeLong's accent if you will in this band.

Benton Paul: Not many people have heard about him and that is one of the reasons that I like him. He plays accustic guitar to the songs that he has written. His songs are semi trendy yet original.

Colbie Caillat: Very popular singer. I love her low earthy voice. It isn't one that you hear everyday. I love her style--accustic and yet popish.

Coldplay: Very different style. Their sound gives me an almost warped inpression, yet it is soothing and relaxing. Chris Martin has an inpressive range. I think that he can sing higher than me!

Jack Johnson: Another popular yet AMAZINGLY talented artist. His voice blends beautifully with his accustic guitar leaving a feeling or peace and hope in his music.
Josh Groban: Anyone how knows me well knows that I LOVE Josh Groban! His voice is amazing, his vibrado is tear-jerking, his passion is inspirational, his pronunciation of other languages is admirable, and he is amazing in every single possible way!

Keith Urban: A musical genius and extremely skilled guitarist, he composes his music and THEN his lyrics--something that only true musicians do. He has a beautiful Austrailian accent when talking but while singing all you hear is his heart pouring through his music.

Linkin Park: More emo that I usually listen to but they have a great variety of songs from borderline screamo to slow and peaceful. They are often depressing songs but I love the talent that they have in harmonizing and instramental.

Matisyahu: Who doesn't like a Jewish reggae singer/rapper with a message behind his lyrics? :)

Michael Bublé: Easy listening/dancing Frank Sinatra style that I love combined with passion, dynamics, and power in his voice. LOVELOVELOVE!!!

Parachute: Popular, soft on the ear, heart throb lyrics, harmony, strings, these guys have it all!

Rascal Flatts: A perfect mix between counrty and pop. These guys make my heart go pitter-patter. They're harmonies are DEVINE!

Ron Pope: Another accustic soloist. Beautiful and powerful songs that if you listen to the lyrics, you will most likely cry.
Secondhand Serenade: This is also a bit of an emo style but I love the relatable and beauriful lyrics and the guitar makes me want to learn every one of their songs!
Vitamin String Quartet: All the beats and rythms that you love of popular music without the sometimes questionable lyrics. Perfect!!

Yellowcard: LOVELOVELOVE!! They have AMAZING string work, beautiful and inspirational lyrics, and to top it off a POWERFUL story of hard work, passion, and love to get to where they are now. Love them!

These are just a FEW of the artists that I adore. I LOVE music!! It's power is undeniable. I don't know where I would be without my music!! AHH!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment